Friday, August 1, 2014

A Matter of Life and Death...

I noticed the scars on his leg the first time I saw him wearing shorts; I wondered what had happened, had he been in an accident. Yesterday, in conversation with him, he shared he had spent 13 days on death’s door due to a rare blood infection. The scars are what remained from the surgery that saved his life. He told me they even called in the priest to offer "last rites.” In the midst of our conversation, we agreed it is situations like these that help us to prioritize what truly matters in life and what doesn't. As this thirty-something year old dad looked into my eyes, I could sense a deep belief when he said, "You have no idea and you are so right."

This weekend kicks off a new series that cuts right to the heart of what really matters when it comes to the existence and purpose of “the church.” Fair warning...I've been out for a few weeks and my heart is so full it just might explode as I talk about the thing I am most passionate about in this life…loving God, and being busy and effective about the purpose of His church.

See you soon,
Pastor Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment