Thursday, February 13, 2014

Top 10 Things I'm Thinking about and Thankful for Today...

1. I'm thankful for the four people who will be baptized on our Alton Darby Campus this weekend (Adam, Borah, Andrew, and Amanda). We are covering the teen years, the 20's, the 30's, and the 40's! THE CELEBRATION OF LIFE CHANGE!

2. I'm thankful for the 843 people who signed up to be a part of THE CITY and the 620 who joined a CITY SMALL GROUP…all since last weekend!

3. I'm thankful for staff and volunteers who passionately devote themselves to the Lord. They not only devote themselves to loving the Lord, but also to serving the Lord by creating environments where others can connect closer to Christ and one another.

4. I'm thankful for the story of a couple in our Sports Ministry who made a commitment to tithe for the first time in their lives....AND THEY STUCK WITH IT!

5. I'm thankful for the couple who heard times were financially tight for the folks mentioned in #4 and then made an anonymous gift to help meet their needs. Through their giving…THEY WERE BLESSED!

6. I'm thankful for a Kids’ Ministry that LOVES AND TEACHES, as evidenced in this note:

Kathy, I can't tell you enough about how great Children's Ministries has been for our family. When we were new to Cypress, our son would retell the Bible stories he learned that day to us on our drive home. I didn't realize it then but I know now that this was the first time my husband had ever heard them! Last week running late to service, I told my kids in the car that when we got to church we needed to move quickly because we were late. From the back seat, in a sweet innocent voice, I heard my 3 year old say, "Don't worry Mommy, the Bible will always be there." When we arrived to Cypress, we met you in the lobby and you helped walk my son to his class so I could take my daughter to her class and I wouldn't miss service! Thank you! Later this week, my son (6) was writing out Valentine’s Day cards and wrote a letter wrong. He told me he had made a mistake. My 3 year old, without hesitation, said, "God loves us even if we do make mistakes!" I wanted you to know that we appreciate you and the whole team (especially Miss Heidi) for making us feel so welcomed!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

7. I'm thankful for over 200 women who are starting Bible study today. The LOVE AND ENCOURAGEMENT WILL HELP SHAPE THEIR LIVES.

8. I'm thankful for the Celebrate Recovery ministry that met here last night.

9. I'm thankful my family has the privilege of calling Cypress HOME.

10. I would be thankful if Bradley beats Darby in boys’ basketball tonight! If #15 gets a dunk, that would be icing on the cake:)

No comments:

Post a Comment