1. I’m thankful Cypress Church is willing to sacrifice and serve at extraordinary levels.
I was asked recently, "We are three weeks into the video teaching concept at Alton Darby, so how is it working? Are we getting the desired results?" The first part of this question is highly subjective, answered primarily from personal experience. Every response is important, but the overwhelming response has been, “We will do what it takes, and sacrifice what we want, in order to see more people connect closer to Christ and our expanding church family.”
The attitude and desire to be willing to “give up some things we were used to” (set worship service times and set worship service personnel) in order to reach the next family for Christ is what makes this work. In the past year, we have doubled the number of services offered at the Alton Darby Campus…going from three to six! That is a huge initiative in and of itself…SPECIAL THANKS to our amazing staff, all their volunteers, and to you (the church) who have made this new model work!
As far as the desired results are concerned, there are an additional 400+ people worshiping on the Alton Darby Campus each weekend (this year compared to last year). There is no way we would have been able to accommodate everyone without adding the additional Saturday night and Sunday night services. Thank you!
2. I heard yet another “God story” on Monday, related to the distribution of a coat from our recent coat drive.
“Who knew it was going to be one of the coldest winters on record…GOD DID. Thanks for being the church in action.”
3. TWO HUNDRED FIFTY HOURS OF PRAYER…EVERY DAY!!
This past weekend, at least 1000 hands went up in the air. People taking the challenge to pray 3 times a day - 5 minutes at a time…that equals 15,000 minutes, or 250 hours, of prayer each day, from the Cypress church family!! I know this pleases the Lord and I know it will be helpful for us!
4. I’m thankful Cypress is MAKING A DIFFERENCE in the lives of its people and our community!
5. I'm also thankful for Rooster's chicken salad dipped in Carolina Gold sauce with Red Dressing on the side...
Have a great rest of your week and stay with YOUR 5…3x A DAY,