Friday, September 20, 2013

What are My Top Parenting Mistakes?

As Serena and I finish our preparation for this weekend, I believe this will be one of the most practical and encouraging talks I/we have ever presented. Granted, the last talk we gave together was about sex so…it seems only natural that we’re talking about parenting this time.

We will be sharing some of our top parenting mistakes and stories (we are still negotiating about which ones to tell and which should remain anonymous:), along with some of the key principles we are learning and have observed in others we respect. There will be something for all of us to learn as we take another step on this journey called FAMILY. This would be a GREAT weekend to BRING FRIENDS to check out Cypress.

Here are a few easy ways (and one ridiculous way) to extend the invitation:

a. Use the EVITE on the web at www.cypresschurch.tv
b. Start a fire and attempt smoke signals, hoping your friend sees them:)
c. Pick up your cell phone and call or text them
d. IF YOU ARE AMBITIOUS…smile, look them in the eyes and say, “Hey, I’d love for you to come to church with me this weekend. They are talking about parenting and I think…
     - you could use some help in your parenting skills:)
     - you would like it.
     - you and your family would really enjoy it. I’d love for you to be my guest.”
       (Choose whichever seems appropriate for your friend:)

ONE chair … ONE invitation … ONE life/family changed forever … thank you for doing your part!

See you soon,
Pastor Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment