Someone asked me in the days leading up to our “Open Baptism” what was I expecting. I answered them that I honestly had no idea what to expect; I just knew we were following a clear God prompting that had come to the surface rather quickly (just two weeks prior). I felt we had to be obedient to do what I sensed God leading us to do. I felt we needed to be prepared as best we could be and whatever the result ended up being, it would be fine, because the result is always up to God.
I woke up about 3am this morning reflecting on this past weekend and praying. So, what are my thoughts today? Let me bullet point a few in no particular order.
- WOW…God never ceases to amaze!
- This past weekend was incredible, but the NEXT STEP is so important! I don’t want last weekend to turn into a memory of a God moment. I want last weekend to become a catalyst of a God Movement in personal lives and our church.
- I am so proud of the staff team at Cypress Church. It’s one thing to get an idea, it’s often another thing to actually pull it off.
- We spent time this morning, as a staff, praying for the 256 people that were baptized. Praying the enemy will not sweep in and snatch away the seed and moment from this past weekend. If you would join us in praying, that would be great.
- Never underestimate what God is up to or capable of. I saw some people baptized this past weekend that, if I had to place a bet, I would have said no way…and it’s almost like God said YES WAY!
- Don’t forget a new session of Square One kicks off this coming weekend (10/25). It’s a great next step for those newer to their faith journey or those looking for a refresher course on how to get started taking those next steps.
- See #1 again…no, seriously!
- I don’t know for sure what the “great cloud of witnesses” really looks like, but I wonder if family and friends were cheering on from heaven (Hebrews 12).
- It takes a certain level of courage to walk down front and get baptized. It requires a different level of courage to walk the life God desires.
- Thank You, Jesus, for everything!