Friday, May 3, 2013

I feel like I've been preparing a lifetime to share...

The picture shown is of our middle son, Mac, at a friend’s birthday party when he was four years old. He still loves to have a baseball bat in his hands but, at 13 (soon 14), Bob the Builder is no longer the target (normally, it’s a baseball…at times, it’s a brother:)

The changes in Mac over the past nine to ten years (physically, socially, academically and spiritually) have been astounding. It doesn’t hit you until see a picture from the past. There hasn’t been a time, during the last ten years, where I’ve noticed “astounding” growth happening overnight. But, it did happen...it’s obvious. It makes me wonder how I’ve grown over the same time period. And, NO, I’m not talking about the thinning, grey hair:)  I’m wondering about other characteristics, ones that are not as obvious as the physical traits, but just as noticeable through relationships, conversations and lifestyles.

This weekend is set aside to HONOR and APPLAUD our GRADUATES of all levels.

In some ways, I feel like I’ve been preparing a lifetime to share some things, revealed in scripture, about “measuring success” as we hit certain “milestone achievements” in life. I cannot wait for the weekend to get here!

See you soon,
Pastor Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment