Dear Team Cypress,
As our church’s fiscal year has come to an end (May 31), I want to take the opportunity to give you an “annual ministry update.” So many great things have happened during the past year. I feel like Paul when he wrote, “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.”
Last June, our Cypress family averaged just over 2,300 people in attendance. This May, we averaged over 3,200. Each number represents a person, a member of a family, hope, and life-change in process! Our ministry income has increased by 10%. We’ve added one new staff member, Dave Bever, to be our first Multi-Site Campus Pastor. Our Dublin Campus, opening this October, is the first of several multi-site campuses we will launch. We reached beyond our own walls to an orphanage in Ayacucho, Peru, and purchased 65 acres to create a self-sustaining farm, providing three meals a day plus an education to over 2,000 children. We also sent a medical/construction mission team, led by Dr. Rob Pema, to minister to the physical needs of hundreds in San Salvador, El Salvador. In October, Team Cypress donated over 1,250 winter coats to the needy right here in our own city.
There have been countless stories of life transformation shared each month through baptism. However, the most important story this past year is "your" story. I pray that God has blessed you in many ways to encourage, strengthen, and sustain your life journey.
As we look forward to the coming year, let me give you four summer challenges:
1. Stay faithful in weekend worship. Summer is a change of pace for many with school being out, family vacations, etc., but it is a great time to stay faithful in worship as well!
2. When you are out of town, be sure to stay in touch online, www.thecwc.net. Worship and sermon teachings are available to help you stay connected and growing.
3. Before you go on vacation, be sure to offer your tithe. Warning: from personal experience…if we take our tithe (God’s portion of our income) with us on vacation, we will be tempted to spend money that does not belong to us. For your convenience, you can give online and also check your current giving record, www.thecwc.net. In July, you will be receiving a semi-annual giving summary for 2012. Please be assured that we, who work at Cypress Wesleyan, deeply appreciate your financial faithfulness to the Lord’s work.
4. Keep Cypress on your radar all summer long...
· Father’s Day Weekend (June 16/17) ~ Back by popular demand…the mechanical bull! Also, enjoy the fun of a baseball pitching machine and homemade ice cream!
· July 4th Weekend ~ Biker Weekend with special speaker, Sam Childers, “The Machine Gun Preacher.” Sam will share his incredible story of obedience and bravery as he stands and fights for the rights of children in Southern Sudan.
· In August ~ “BIG SUMMER SPLASH” (VBS). As kids explore the wonders of the beach, they’ll also discover the Big Answers to their Big Questions about Jesus.
As you can see, we’re going to experience a wonderful part of our life journey this summer. I’m so glad God has brought us together for this season of our lives.
Your Pastor and Friend,