Thursday, October 11, 2018

FIVE Reflections After ONE … A Night of Worship

As I walked through the door last night after attending ONE…A Night of Worship, I had so many thoughts running through my head that I had to sit down and capture them.

Here are my TOP FIVE takeaways:
  1. I’m thankful to belong to a church where people with musical gifts, technical gifts, and passions, use them for God’s glory! What a gift! When you are around people who are using their gifts it moves you, literally moves you closer to Jesus. I know the amount of hard work that goes into a worship night like this from the people on the platform, and those in the sound booth and technical room, but what came through the most to me last night was their love for Christ expressed through their talent and gifts. Thank you.
  2. I heard so many people say last night that it felt like a “family reunion.” We truly are one church that meets in several locations. A local church is designed to impact their local community and reach beyond the walls, but everything begins locally. It was so fun to see all of the campuses come together as ONE and to hear what God has been up to in their lives.
  3. I met several people who are newer to Cypress. First, I love meeting new people. Second, it encourages me to hear the stories behind the baptisms and salvations of new life being found in Christ through every campus. I was visiting with one lady from the Dublin campus and it was her first time being at the Alton Darby campus. Before she left, I told her she is an example of the reason why we went to Dublin and why we do Multisites…to reach those in our communities that do not have a relationship with Christ.
  4. The spirit of expectation did not disappoint last night. There was an almost electric spirit of anticipation as people walked in. It was so positive, but it also reminded me of the opposite, where the story in the Bible says Jesus did few miracles in his hometown when he went back to visit. The bottom line is the people didn’t expect Jesus to do much, so he matched their level of faith, trust, belief, and anticipation. The question I left thinking about last night was… how do we create this type of expectation for the weekend worship experience every week?
  5. Finally, it was so good. But, I wonder how many others would have come if they would have been invited. I’m so thankful for the 700+ who were able to make it and, by the energy in the room afterwards, they were so thankful to be there. Trust me, I also understand the complications with busy schedules of juggling kids and responsibilities, and I wonder who needed to be there, but they missed it.

    My encouragement would be for the next ONE… ask yourself the question- who does the Lord want you to invite so they can have the same experience as you and they can take one more step on their journey to Know & Experience God. By the way, you don’t even need to wait for the next ONE. Extend the invite to service this weekend…it just may change someone’s life forever. I’m hearing more and more stories like this and God is using YOU.

See ya soon,
Pastor Ken






No comments:

Post a Comment