Wednesday, March 5, 2014

8 + 12 + 90 + 30 + 1 = What I Experienced Last Night!

Last night, I taught Discovery Seminar. It's one of the Cypress events I look forward to and it’s always a highlight of mine! In Discovery Seminar, we talk about how you can discover our heritage, our doctrine, your faith, our church, and our future together.

At the end of the evening, I always give a clear picture of what it means to be a Christ follower, or a Christian, and then provide people an opportunity to respond. Last night EIGHT people prayed to step across a line of faith for the first time in their entire lives! Death to Life!

TWELVE people made a decision to get back on track, spiritually speaking. These twelve indicated that they had once made a decision to follow Christ but, for whatever reason, they had drifted and, in that moment, were rededicating themselves to live their best for Him.

During the first break, a man came up to me to say thank you and to ask information on Celebrate Recovery. He told me that yesterday was his NINETY DAYS SOBER and that he was drug free!

After the seminar, a lady came up with tears in her eyes and wanted to thank the church for all of its support as she was celebrating that the Lord had helped her to quit smoking after THIRTY YEARS and she exclaimed, “I finally was able to quit...I couldn't have done it without the Lord and this church helping me!”

And ONE other woman, with tears in her eyes, stated that she had been divorced for several years and she wanted to start anew and afresh with the Lord in the area of her sexual purity. She wants to experience the deep cleansing and soul-satisfying relationship only the Lord could provide!

On nights like last night and mornings of reflection like this...I am so glad to have a firsthand eyewitness account of what Christ was talking about in Isaiah 61...

Isaiah 61:1(NKJV) The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

Your Thankful & Rejoicing Pastor,
Pastor Ken

3 comments:

  1. By your math, 8+12+90+30+1 = 141, my favorite psalm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I know my mother, brother, & cousin came last night. Mom told me today it was a wonderful time. I hope to attend the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Pastor Ken!!!! Thank you for showing me God's love and grace at the Discovery Seminar! I was smiling all the way home! :)

    ReplyDelete